- About Us
- Contact Us
- Upcoming Events
- Our Blog
- Our Current Catalogs
- GRIEF - BEREAVEMENT - COMFORT RESOURCES
- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Baby Gifts
- Back To School
- Bereavement & Memorial
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Dove Awards Winners
- First Communion & Confirmation
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Graduation Day
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Resources for Love & Hope
- Wedding & Marriage
The Bible is meant to be read, understood, and shared. So your translation of God's Word should be true-to-the-original and one you like to read.
The Christian Standard Biblecaptures the Bible's original meaning without compromising clarity. An optimal blend of accuracy and readability, this translation helps readers make a deeper connection with God's Word and inspires lifelong discipleship. The CSB is for everyone—for readers young and old, new and seasoned. Click here to compare translations.
The CSB is accurate: the CSB is an original translation: more than 100 scholars from 17 denominations translated directly from the best available Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic source texts into English. Its source texts are the standard used by scholars and seminaries today.
The CSB is trustworthy: the conservative, evangelical scholars of the CSB affirm the authority of Scripture as the inerrant Word of God and seek the highest level of faithfulness to the original and accuracy in their translation.
The CSB is clear: it is as literal a translation of the ancient source texts as possible, but, in the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, it uses a more dynamic translation. This makes the CSB ideal not only for preaching and study, but for reading and sharing with others.
The CSB is Readable: In the many places throughout Scripture where a word-for-word rendering is clearly understandable, a literal translation is used. When a word-for-word rendering might obscure the meaning for a modern audience, a more dynamic translation is used. (see chart)
The CSB Engages Readers: Research shows that Bible reading is the number one indicator for spiritual growth. The problem of how to encourage more engagement with Scripture's transformational message is not new, but it is a problem we can help solve. Bible translation should never compromise on accuracy or readability. The Christian Standard Bible is a translation that balances fidelity and readability to open the door for every believer to share the Bible with someone who has read it for a lifetime, or with someone who has never before encountered its life-changing message.
Take God's Word with you wherever you go
The stylish and convenient CSB On-the-Go Bible presents the reliable text of the CSB in a portable, packable and compact Bible size that is perfect for any backpack, bag, or large pocket. The small Bible size and lightweight CSB On-the-Go Bible makes it easy to keep God's Word close at hand and is the perfect Bible for kids or teens to take to school, church, sleepovers, on trips, and more.
Features included in the pocket size On-the-Go Bible:
- Small, portable size for easy packing
- Presentation page
- 8 full-color maps
- Full text of the CSB in two-columns
- Easy to read 7 point font
- Words of Christ in red
- LeatherTouch cover (leather like Bible)every kid or teen is sure to love
Part of what makes the CSB On-the-Go Bible so special is the readable, faithful-to-the original text of the Christian Standard Bible. CSB Bibles by Holman features an optimal blend of accuracy and readability makes it a trustworthy, easy-to-understand resource to study and memorize today--and to live and share for a lifetime. Whether you are looking for a CSB study Bibles, an easy-to-understand Christian Bible or a women's or men's study Bible, the CSB is a translation that focuses on serving people's understanding of God's Word.
The CSB Everyday Study Bible is an accessible and easy-to-carry study Bible featuring concise study notes crafted from the award-winning Holman Study Bible, as well as features and foundational study helps to help Christians grow in their faith. This study Bible is perfect for men or women, and the convenient Bible size can be easily carried in a backpack, large purse, or briefcase to equip readers with a "go-anywhere" study Bible that will foster everyday engagement and practical application of God's Word.
Features include: Presentation page, book introductions, concise study notes, articles from leading Bible scholars, 99 "Essential Truths" of the Christian faith, 30 Bible character profiles, 21 charts and illustrations, two-column text, 9.5-point type size, smyth-sewn binding, ribbon marker, concordance, and full-color maps.
The CSB Everyday Study Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible(R) (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture's life-transforming message and to share it with others.
The CSB Personal Size Bible comes in a portable and concise format that is perfect for your busy lifestyle. The interior biblical text includes an easy-to-read setting and type size, as well as topical subheadings, footnotes, and a "Where to Turn" section in the back matter to provide deeper insight and engagement with God's Word. This Bible is great for personal reading or use at church and can easily fit in a backpack, tote bag, or purse so it is always quickly accessible when traveling or on the go.
- Presentation page
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Two-column text
- Topical subheadings
- Words of Christ in red
- 7.5-point type
- Full-color maps
The CSB Personal Size Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible(R) (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture's life-transforming message and to share it with others.
CSB in Comparison to Other Translations
"I like to use the Christian Standard Bible because it's a translation that's faithful to the Bible's original manuscripts, with oversight by some trusted partners in ministry. While it's highly literal to the original text, it's also remarkably clear for Bible readers today. I highly recommend the CSB as I encourage our church members—and all of us—to read and share the power of God's Word with others."
Kyle Idleman, Teaching Pastor, Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY
"As I travel around the country teaching the Bible to women, I encourage them to draw on the promises of God as their main source and sustenance for life. The Christian Standard Bible lines up perfectly with my core ministry goals—theological soundness and accessibility for the everyday person."
Lisa Harper, Bible teacher and author
"The Christian Standard Bible provides a clear trustworthy translation of the Holy Scriptures in a style that the reader can clearly hear the voice of God in print speaking to their soul."
Tony Evans, Senior Pastor, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, Dallas, TX
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Christian Standard Bible?The Christian Standard Bible (CSB) is a highly trustworthy, faithful translation that is proven to be the optimal blend of accuracy and readability. It's as literal to the original as possible without sacrificing clarity. The CSB is poised to become the translation that pastors rely on and Bible readers turn to again and again to read and to share with others.
- How is the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) different from the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)?The Christian Standard Bible is a revision of the HCSB, updating translation and word choices in order to optimize both fidelity to the original languages and clarity for a modern audience. The Translation Oversight Committee, co-chaired by Drs. Tom Schreiner and David Allen, incorporated advances in biblical scholarship and input from Bible scholars, pastors, and readers to sharpen both accuracy and readability.
- How does the Christian Standard Bible compare to other translations?The CSB lands in the sweet spot between the more formal ("word-for-word") translations and more dynamic ("thought-for-thought") translations. An independent analysis has proven that the Christian Standard Bible is the optimal combination of fidelity to the original languages and readability for a modern audience. The CSB was created using a methodology called Optimal Equivalence, which balances contemporary English readability with linguistic precision to the original languages, making it ideal not only for preaching and study, but for sharing with others.
- Why was the word "Holman" removed from the name of the translation?Holman Bible Publishers carries the name of a Philadelphia-based book binder, Andrew Jackson Holman and has a proud heritage as the oldest North American Bible publisher, dating back to 1743. While the publishing entity retains the name, the Holman family name in the name of a Bible translation often created more questions than answers. "Christian Standard Bible" removes those questions and increases appeal to the broad audience that the CSB is designed to serve.